To celebrate Volunteer’s Week 2021, Volunteer Midlothian held an online awards ceremony on the 3rd June attended by around 150 people. The ceremony was very different to the one we’re used to at Newbattle Abbey College, nonetheless it was still filled with love and admiration for Midlothian’s volunteers. Many congratulations to all our hard-working winners this year, and to all our nominees – you’re simply the best, and you are ALL worthy of recognition!
The winners of the 2021 awards are as follows:
- Outstanding New Volunteer: Heather Mortimore from Food Facts Friends
- Befriender/Mentor of the Year: The Connect Project Volunteers from Volunteer Midlothian
- Active Volunteering: Chris Boyle and Ricky Lloyd of Dalkeith Rugby Football Club
- Health and Wellbeing Award: The Midlothian Breastfeeding Alliance
- Dedicated Service: Colette Pye from Mayfield and District Breastfeeding Support Group
- Covid-19 Community Award: The Amazing Brains Committee at Art Club
- Volunteer Manager of the Year: Naomi Knights from the Connect Project at Volunteer Midlothian
- Saltire Summit Award: Kyle Anderson, Eva Hesketh-Laird, Louise Gillespie, Melissa Reidie, Samantha Gough
- Volunteer of the Year: Joseph Burke of Health in Mind
- Volunteering Team of the Year: Penicuik Ambassadors
You can read more about all our nominees and winners here.